Under Construction Commercial Insurance


Policies for buildings or spaces that are under construction are called "Commercial Builders Risk".  These policies can be drawn up in 30,60, 90, 6 month, and 1 year policies dependant upon your projected length of project.  Since the project/site location is supposed to be covered under the General Contractor's own liability policy, it is the business owners' responsibility to obtain a copy of the GC's liability certificate and for the business owner to cover the "property or material" value of the construction. 


Under Construction policies insure the building, uninstalled building coverage, installation coverage, etc. 



Under Construction policies may also insure a tenants build-out or improvement to a space such as changing out flooring, fixtures, cabinetry, or making an office retrofit for the type of tenant occupancy like a dentist office or a restaurant.